Our mission for Sunnybrook is dependent on the Holy Spirit. We will instill the teaching of Jesus Christ as the foundation of all spiritual growth to transform lives as we pursue academic excellence.
Sunnybrook Christian Academy provides each child with an understanding of self in relation to God and His Word. Our goal is to meet the academic, spiritual, physical, and social needs of each student as he/she lives a life that will please and glorify God.
With God's help, these educational goals will be achieved through prayer, the example of daily Christian living by the staff, the implementation of a Christ-centered curriculum, and systematic parental involvement in the educational process. We will strive in every way possible to relate Biblical principles relevant to the students' lives now, as well as in the future.
Sunnybrook will achieve this by declaring the following educational goals:.
- To teach the Word of God, as the ultimate authority to guide our students in all areas of living.
- To nurture a deep and abiding faith in God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and the Bible as His Word.
- To provide a comprehensive program of Bible instruction, emphasizing application and the discernment of truth.
- To encourage good citizenship based on a genuine love and respect for our country and the ideals on which it was founded.
- To cultivate a healthy self-esteem and respect for the rights and needs of others while maintaining a positive attitude.
- To instill the desire to build strong family units.
- To promote academic excellence in reading, language, mathematics, social studies, science, health and spiritual growth.
- To provide an appreciation for the aesthetics through the Arts.
- To provide instruction and training in how to study, how to discover, how to locate information and how to solve problems using available resources and technology.
- To develop habits of self-discipline, and assume responsibility for their own actions.
- To promote respect for cultural diversity as each student maintains an appreciation for his/her unique heritage.
- To encourage the proper care and development of the body.
Posted on Wed, April 16, 2014
by Nico Morales